Zoom G1Xon Guitar Effects Pedal
The G1Xon offers 100 guitar effects, including a variety of distortion, compression, modulation, delay, reverb, and amp models, as well as a number of special pedal-controlled effects.
Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously, chained together any way you like. In addition, there are 68 built-in rhythm accompaniment patterns, and you can connect headphones to the output jack (as well as portable music players to the auxiliary input jack) for silent practice sessions. There's an onboard chromatic tuner that supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings, and a Looper feature that allows you to record up to 30 seconds of CD-quality audio. Loop length can be set either manually or to a preset number of quarter notes (up to 64 beats), and you can loop to any rhythm pattern, with automatic quantization that ensures seamless start and end times. Programming is simple and straightforward, thanks to a streamlined user interface and large backlit LCD screen. Advanced editing features such as Swap, Auto Save, and Pre Select make it easy to organize your patches for live performance and allow you to scroll through patches silently while keeping the current patch operational. In addition, the G1Xon's built-in expression pedal enables you to control input level, output level, or any selected effect parameter in real time.
The G1Xon expression pedal
The G1Xon's built-in expression pedal allows you to alter any selected parameter in real time. You can use it for gain drive or volume (affecting either input or output level), to add wah or filtering, to affect delay time or modulation speed, or a variety of other parameters. In addition, the pedal range can be independently adjusted for each patch—you can even set the minimum value higher than the maximum value for reverse pedaling effects.
There's also a simple calibration procedure which allows you to customize pedal sensitivity. Whether you're a feather-light player or a real lead-foot, the G1Xon can adapt to your particular pedaling style.
Features at a glance
• 100 effects, including distortion, compression, modulation, delay, and reverb, plus 5 pedal-controlled effects
• Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously, chained together in any order
• 100 memory locations (10 banks of 10) for the storage of user-created patches
• Built-in expression pedal for control over input level, output level, or any selected effect parameter
• Swap function makes patch organization a breeze
• Auto Save function for automatic saving of all patch parameters
• Pre Select function allows silent patch selection while keeping the current patch operational
• Onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings
• Looper feature for the recording of up to 30 seconds / 64 beats of CD-quality audio with seamless start and end times
• 68 built-in rhythm patterns which can be used in conjunction with the Looper
• Input jack accepts standard mono guitar cable (both active and passive instruments supported)
• Auxiliary input jack for connection of personal music players
• Output jack for connection to amp or headphones
• Backlit LCD with contrast control for easy viewing in low-light environments
• Lightweight and small enough to fit in your gig bag
• Easily integrated into any existing pedal board
• Runs on 4 AA batteries, with alkaline battery life of 20 hours
• USB port for firmware updates
• Optional AC adapter